We are excited to introduce the addition of a preschool.
All children in the setting will receive a free t shirt to unify and encourage getting ready for school. Preschool children will receive a free book bag along with weekly activities to be sent home to encourage literacy and maths skills.
What our preschool will offer?
- Practical life - Children will learn how to put on and fasten their shoes and put on their coats unaided, prepare and choose their own snacks and drinks, go to the bathroom without help, and clean up after themselves if they spill something.
- Sensory awareness - Exercises make sure children use all five senses to learn.
- Language skills - Children are encouraged to express themselves verbally and are taught to trace and recognize letters and sounds as a precursor to learning reading, spelling, grammar, and handwriting skills.
- Mathematics and geometry - Children learn about numbers through hands-on techniques such as counting with beads, and cotton reels.
- Cultural subjects - Children learn about other countries (geography), animals (zoology), time, history, music, movement, science, and art.
- Toys and other developmentally appropriate learning materials are laid out in the room, so a child can see what her choices are and then pick a task - called "choosing time" - according to their interests. Work options include books, puzzle games, art projects.
- When they are done, children put their work back on the shelves move onto another exciting activity. The daily schedule allows time for children to play alone or in groups. Staff will work with children as a group and one on one, but most of the interaction is among the children.
- Children will be confident in personal skills such as buttons and zips, and feel happy and able to deal with their transition to school in a manner that demonstrates their high self-esteem.