At Mother Goose nursery, we committed to providing a safe, warm, stimulating and nurturing spaces for children to play and learn with others, especially as our nursery is based in a deprived area, we strive to give children experiences they may not have access to outside of nursery.
We help our children to develop freely, whilst taking responsibility for themselves and their actions. This enables them to become competent, confident, independent, and co-operative individuals.
We encourage all children to have a positive attitude and respect for themselves and others around them.
Positive, caring relationships based on trust and respect are at the heart of our philosophy, whilst acknowledging each child is an individual and should be treat as one.
We have a clear vision of what we want to achieve here at Mother Goose nursery:
- To provide a safe, happy, caring, secure and stimulating environment for your child.
- To enable all children to develop their capabilities as successful learners and become confident individuals.
- To help all children prepare for their future, particularly the transition to school.
We have a clear understanding of our values at Mother Goose nursery:
- Happiness and well-being – Showing kindness and nurturing to all children and staff.
- Engagement – being involved, responsive, and interested in what is going on around you. We focus on the now and enhancing the experiences in the present rather than the future.
- Respect and kindness – promoting a culture of tolerance, inclusion, diversity, equality, fairness, and opportunity for all.
- Communication – being genuine, open, honest, and sincere. Communication is at the heart of nurturing, well-being, and development.
- Achievement – highest quality, high expectations and aiming high and going above and beyond – not just doing the bare minimum required.
- Integrity – means doing the right thing, even when no one else is watching and being great role models for younger minds.
- Partnership and care – being reflective and learning from parents as partners and creating and developing strong nurturing relationships with them.
- Challenging – testing ourselves and those around us, not accepting the bare minimum and encouraging children and staff to reach for the stars.
- Commitment to excellence – developing skills for learning and the future.
At Mother Goose nursery, we believe every day is a learning day and that learning opportunities are all around us. As well as being a place of learning, we pride ourselves on ensuring that all children are coming into a caring, nurturing environment, where they are valued and listened to. We pride ourselves in working in partnership with parents and regularly strive to improve our practice.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, caring, inviting, stimulating and secure environment for all our children, where everyone feels valued, included, respected, and nurtured.
- Engage our children in the highest quality of teaching and learning to maximise success for all.
- Work in partnership with other agencies and our community to ensure children welfare needs are being met.
- Work in partnership with parents as partners to improve learning and care.
- Reflect upon our own learning and methods to be able to fulfil children's full potential.
- Value and empower our children and staff by recognizing and celebrating successes and achievements.
- Promote well-being and respect.
- Develop a culture of ambition and achievement.
- Equip our children with skills for learning, life and work, ready to actively grasp and follow their dreams in the future.
- Prioritise children's wellbeing and involvement above everything else, we tune into children's wellbeing and involvement to be able to nurture and scaffold their learning.
- Allow children to achieve their best potential by being treated as an individual.
- Encourage children to be 'CHIRP' – Confident, Happy, Independent, Resilient and Proud.
Each and every child is unique and will constantly be learning through their everyday experiences. Children will learn to become strong and independent through positive relationships. They will learn and develop well in enabling environments with teaching, support and nurturing from adults, who respond to each child's individual interests needs and help them scaffold their learning overtime. All children will develop and learn at different rates. This is acknowledged and each child is treated as an individual and have their learning needs and development nurtured and scaffolded in an individual way, so they can progress, develop and grow.
Characteristics of effective learning – CoEL
Playing and exploring – children will investigate, experience things and 'have a go'.
Active learning – children will concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties and enjoy their achievements.
Creating and thinking critically – children will have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas and develop strategies for doing things.
When your child comes home messy...look deeper, your child has been exploring the world around them.
Our curriculum is flexible and individual to each child's development, needs and uniqueness – one size does not fit all.
Mother Goose nursery: a place to learn, develop and grow 'happy healthy children'.